EPortfolio - Education and training
I have had the privilege of studying in three different countries, in two different languages and also via distance education. My formal studies focus on the domain of learning, human nature, and technology.
1999-2002 M. Sc. Education, Instructional design for online learning
Develop skills to lead and manage instructional challenges in a variety of online educational settings: how to plan, organize, design, teach and evaluate course work according to tested principles for online learning.
- Capella University, Minnesota,USA: a private online distance education university
- Graduate degree (master level)
1995 Certificate in Technology enhanced learning
Develop knowledge and capacity for innovative, pedagogically sound integration of technology in the classroom
- Mcgill Summer Institute, McGill University, Education department, Montreal, Canada: a public university
- Professional development for teachers
1994 Certificate in Community education
Formulate conceptual framework for community education, explore community education models, share with outstanding community education resource people, develop skills related to successful community education practices.
- National Center for Community Education, Flint, Michigan, USA: a private, not for profit organisation.
- Leadership training
1990-1991 Graduate diploma in General Education/Teaching permit
Pedagogy and educational foundations (including psychology and philosophy). Competency to teach various programs: English language arts, French second language, Math, Science, Social Studies and Visual Arts.
- McGill University, Education department, Montreal, Canada: a public university
- Graduate school (master level)
1986-1990 Bachelor of Arts, Major in Anthropology, Distinction
Anthropological theory, methods and research techniques, understanding human cultural diversity (Native peoples' of Canada, peoples of South Asia, Africa, Latin America) from perspective of religion, politics, economics and women. Focus on sustainable development and education. Research project (ethnography) on social organisation in the school yard of a multi-cultural Montreal school with new immigrants.
- [McGill University, Faculty of Arts, Anthropology Department, Montreal, Canada: a public university
- Undergraduate degree
1985-86 Diploma in French Language and Civilisation
Perfect french comprehension, written and spoken skills, business french and understanding of french civilisation.
- Institut de Langue et de Culture françaises, Paris,France: a private university.
1980-1985 Secondary School Diploma
General education, grade 7-13
- Brampton Centennial Secondary School, Brampton, Ontario, Canada: public highschool.
- Highschool diploma/secondary leaving