Oh to be lost in some good lit . . .
- Lovely Bones de Alice Sebold (2004)
- The God of small things de Arundhati Roy (1997)
- All of Tom Robbins
Me and contemporary dance got a thing going on . . .
- Akram Khan (UK)
- Battery Opera (Vancouver)
- Nico and the Navigators(Berlin)
- Marie Chouinard (Montréal)
- But my two African dance teachers, Reena Almoneda-Chang and Michelle Turgeon have inspired me at a very personal/practical level
Of course my favorite is Rudi Ochietti, etcher and painter extraordinaire, but here are some others . .
And in the contemporary art scene - a new discovery, that creates that little inner tingle: Karine Giboulo
- I have a sweet spot for Almodovar movies, (especially Talk to Her (2002) and Volver (2006) (see my thoughts/reactions) for the way he dances amongst taboos.
- Yes, 2004 my thoughts/reactions
- Mi vida sin mi/My life without me, 2003
- The Sacrifice, 1986
I know what I like, funk and groove - only problem is they don't have a section with those names at the music stores. So, I'm stuck searching out that beat in all I hear.